ProHealthCare knows that your personal information is very important to you. We take your privacy very seriously. The purpose of this statement is to tell you how we may use the information we obtain about you. By visiting and/or registering on the ProHealthCare website, you agree to this use. ProHealthCare reserves the right to amend this policy at any time: we will notify you of any necessary changes.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is ProHealthCare Limited.
Use of your personal information
We use this information to:
- deliver products and services,
- communicate with you about products and services,
- update our records and generally maintain your registered details with us,
- display content such as vacancy details and
- recommend products that may be of interest to you.
We also use this information to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
We may also use this information to analyse and profile your requirements (e.g. vacancies sought) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information.
We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products and services which we think will interest you from the information we have and based on your registration information.
We may keep you informed of such products and services by any of the following methods:
- SMS text messages
When you provide us with your information you will be given the opportunity to say if you do not wish to receive information of such products and services from us.
Storage of your personal information
This information is stored and held on secure computers, servers or otherwise.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with your customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
Does ProHealthCare share the information it receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we do not sell it to others. Total Staff shares customer information only as described below:
- Fraud Prevention: In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
- Business Sale: In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or if ProHealthCare or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How secure is the information about me?
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to logout when you finish using a shared computer.
Third party advertising and links to other websites
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
What information can I access?
ProHealthCare gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with ProHealthCare for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Information you can access easily at ProHealthCare includes up-to-date information regarding your contact details (personally identifiable information including name, address, telephone number), job search requirements, employment history, employment experience, email address, password, and communication preferences.
You have the right to see personal information (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at the address below (CONTACT US).